Thea’s most advanced preservative-free combination of Sodium Hyaluronate and Trehalose - for lubrication, hydration and protection of all dry eyes – in a hypotonic formulation that can be used with contact lenses.
Click here to buy Thealoz Duo, Thealoz Duo UD and other products from the Thealoz Duo range from our online shop (please note that this will take you to our shop website).
Thealoz Duo works in two ways:
- Trehalose protects the epithelial cells on the ocular surface, improving their resistance to the daily stresses of dry environments and tear film changes in a dry eye.
- Sodium Hyaluronate adds moisture by holding water to hydrate and lubricate the surface of the eye.
This combination makes it the ideal choice for ALL dry eye sufferers, whatever the cause. Clinical studies have shown that a single drop of Thealoz Duo improves the thickness of the tear film for at least 4 hours1.
The drops can be applied as often as necessary throughout the day, and are also suitable for contact lens wearers to apply either before or during wear.
It is also available as a box of 30 single unit doses, which can be ideal for travelling.
Thealoz Duo is a hypotonic formulation (low osmolarity) which means it particularly addresses the chemistry imbalance of the tear film in chronic dry eye and is better at soothing symptoms.
The Thealoz Duo range includes Thealoz Duo 10ml, Thealoz Duo unit doses (30) and Thealoz Duo Gel (30 vials).
1 = Schmidl D, Schmetterer L, Witkowska KJ et al. Cornea 2015;34(4):421-6
Thealoz Duo features and benefits:
- Protects, Hydrates and Lubricates the eye’s surface
- Suitable for all dry eyes
- Clinically proven to last a long time on the eye
- Unique bottle system means NO preservatives
- Can be used for up to 3 months from opening
- Hypotonic formulation for effective relief
- Can be used with all types of contact lenses